• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Los1 -ds1b,   

hold up;

The party finished cleaning up the dungeon guards when I noticed Puk couldn't cast his priest spells, … the import bug.

For those that haven't played DS with a priest of Tyr yet there is a bug in Beamdogs code that converts the class into a broken cross between cleric and fighter.

los1-003.jpglos1-004.jpg

los1-005.jpglos1-006.jpg

los1-007.jpg

The work around;
Instead of importing the save normally you can pick "single player" (assumed) then select "new game" then press the "create party" button.

Import the other group members from the "final save" one at a time as per normal... This collects their gear | experience and is very important to establish which member is the bhaul spurn... The fact that you wake up virtually naked still tells the game what items to offer you when you start to explore.

Now the work around part is to create your priest of tyr character from scratch instead of importing him from a character file or save.

The draw back is that this tyr priest will only have the basic 7th levels of experience that a character whom hasn't completed dragionspear  gets... Feel free to shadowkeeper it if thats a stress but i'm playing on legacy of bhaul and turn undead is broken for that level anyway

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

@USS Norway:

That is useful information. :)

Scythia has now solved the circus quest and is about to go to the slums.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Los1 -1,   

Dear dairy;

Hear text as mp3,

I converted the worlds worst bounty hunter into a somewhat useful fighter … mostly because that gave me the two handed sword, then we sold everything except the cloudkill wand to pay for a magic licence.

The two plot choices so far are thieves or wizards which plays to my class strengths but we needed the licence so yes, wizards first... The mission looks to keep me out of town for a while anyway.

los1-008.jpg

Jan should be more useful than a fighter so I let him tag along for now and poor Jaheira got herself killed saving Viconia from justice... Well mob justice but the irony still applies as far as I'm concerned. I'm currently in a hamlet called Umber hills which brings us up to date.

• Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this

KinginGreen

KinginGreen
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Sad news with the decease of Musa to Rayic. Unecessary really as Rayic died moments later and Musa could even have remained hidden but I just couldn't justify him hiding away for the whole battle on RP grounds.... Sadly a Stoneskin came up and then Musa got Fingered as I made the wrong choice to gulp an invisibility potion.

I am also doing a sort of no-reload on normal in the original BG with my daughter, the lack of advanced AI and difficulty level is balanced by the hilariously sub optimal decisions she makes. It's the closest thing to playing the game fresh, I suppose I should poke over the EE content sometime in a limited reload or just take another chance....but I'm sure I'll be back with some other character. I think I'll either go to the extreme of having someone genuinely bold and tally ho or thoroughly despicable who has no qualms about sacrificing pawns...

• Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this