Photo

Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

Irrbloss

Irrbloss
  • Members
  • 256 posts
Unless BG1 works differently from BG2 you simply need to press Print Screen and the screen shot will be saved in the Scrnshot folder.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Welcome, Valente :) And wish you luck!

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Bipp the cleric/thief Update 5: City of Baldur's Gate Quests/Battles

All the battles/quests that Bipp and party are going to do in the City of Baldur's Gate are done, except for the Iron Throne. Some battles of note:

* Deserta and Vayya
Decided would try a new strategy. I moved the party away from the entropy sisters and had Bipp stealth and move up to see the entropy ladies. Then Imoen cast monster summoning II ahead of Bipp. This brought a number of war dogs. I sicced the war dogs on Deserta. Bipp fired off silence, etc. For ONCE the tight quarters worked AGAINST my enemies, rather than for them. Deserta tried to talk to Bipp but couldn't reach him thanks to a citizen and war dogs in the way. The party finally moved up to assist and the entropy ladies didn't have a chance.
Posted Image

*Degrodels Minions
Before entering, buffed with defensive harmony, protection from evil on the front liners, haste, and STR potion for Ajantis. Then after entering Degrodel's lair, Bipp cast a squad of skeletons on the party's left, while Imoen cast via wand monster summoning 1 on the right and then Imoen cast via spell monster summoning II also on the left up a bit. After that, Bipp spammed wand of heavens, Imoen spammed magic missiles and slowed the enemies. Was a clean victory.
Posted Image

We talked to Degrodel. Not to do his quest, but so that we can get the dialog that will allow Quenash to give the cloak of balduran to us. After talking with him, Ajantis took a swipe at Degrodel, making him hostile. And only then Bipp tried out a backstab. He is still using a non-magical club for backstabs,and got his best ever:
Posted Image

* Gorpel Hind and encounter with the Mountain Maulers
I had to do this battle twice. I had won, but I had a stinking cloud in effect when I talked to Gorpel Hind. He tried to leave with his party, but couldn't as one of them were stuck in the cloud, and then the game crashed. I did learn something from it though, mainly that with the skeletons present opening with stinking cloud is devastating against the maulers, since the skeletons aren't affected by it but the maulers are. So 2nd try no crash and easy victory:
Posted Image

So after doing all the City of Baldur's Gate Quests/Battles except the Iron Throne, both Bipp and Imoen were pretty close to leveling (and thanks to TotSC experience cap, their last levels of the game). I had reserved the basilisks for any new party members, but no one has gotten chunked this game. So the party headed there. Ajantis soloed the area except the Waterhaven adventuring party in the center, using a protection from petrification scroll and a strength potion. This got Bipp to cleric 7/thief 8 and Imoen to Mage 9 (yay! Chaos and Cloudkill can be used). I was going to use arrows of detonation with Ajantis against the adventuring party then stopped and thought -- wait a sec, Imoen is a level 9 mage! She should be able to solo them! So she creeped up, and fired stinking cloud, web, sleep, and then 3 charges from her fireball wand. Was a clean victory for her:
Posted Image

As you can see from the character sheets, only Ajantis and Minsc have one more level before the TotSC cap and Bipp and Imoen are at their caps. We have one more unexplored area above the basilisk area. We will go there next, then finally deal with the Iron Throne.

Ajantis Character Sheet:
Posted Image

Minsc Character Sheet:
Posted Image

Bipp Character Sheet:
Posted Image

Imoen Character Sheet:
Posted Image

And the adventure continues...

Edited by corey_russell, 21 July 2010 - 07:05 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Bipp the cleric/thief FINAL BG 1 Update: Final Chapters

So we have one non-totsc area left to the explore the area with the 4 red robed mages. They said we had to die, but instead they were trashed:
Posted Image

So we finally head back to Baldur's Gate and talk to Scar. We agree to investigate the Iron Throne. Basically everyone says something fishy going on the fifth floor. I gave Ajantis arrows of detonation, protection from magic and had him attack. Despite using 12 arrows of detonation he still couldn't finish off Sarevok's lackeys and he was almost dead, so the party came up the stairs and helped him finish them off. You will notice Coran is in the party now. We need another person to get all that loot in the Candlekeep crypts, plus want him against Sarevok.
Posted Image

After reporting to Duke Eltan he sent us to Candlekeep to invesitgage the Iron Throne leaders. Tried something different, Imoen threw in a cloudkill out of sight and withdrew to the party. No one chases her and the enemies all stayed in the cloud. However this only killed two of the Iron Throne leaders so the party charged and finished them off. We went upstairs and got arrested. However, Tethoril was nice enough to send us to the catacombs. The catacombs themselves were pretty uneventful, pretty easy. Minsc and Ajantis threw in two fireballs at once at the ghast room that was fun:
Posted Image

Pratt was soloed by Minsc with arrows fo detonation, Minsc didn't even take damage. The basilisks were killed easily with mirror eye potions we had. Minsc and Ajantis then duoed the spiders in the area and finally achieved my goal: Minsc is now max level with the Totsc experience cap, so that means the original 4 (Ajantis, Bipp, Minsc, Imoen) can't level anymore. Now we are ready to recruit Kivan, mostly just to help with Duchal Palace fight and Sarevok.
Posted Image

We return to Baldur's Gate and exclusively traveled via the sewers so avoided the fist completely so didn't have to get arrested. Cynthradria was beaten pretty easily, Imoen opened with a cloudkill then the party meleed for a very short while and she and her minions were dead. We find out the assassins Slythe and Kristin are at the Undercellar. We head there, have a mass of summons and Coran plinks away with his bow and Slythe arnd Kristin just didn't have a chance.

We headed to Duchal Palace. I had to do a different strategy as a wall of summons wont' work since Bipp is the cleric. So we still summoned some skeletons, hasted and that was it moved up and set everyone to auto-attack the greater dopplegangers. I didn't even do any other command and it worked:
Posted Image

Absolutely nothing interesting happened while we chased after Sarevok in the thieve's maze. Bipp did a great job taking down the traps. The undercity Iron Throne party I tried to take down with summons but that didn't work at all.  However it did make them fire their arrows of detonation, which incidentally damaged their own party. The party moved up after our summons were killed and fired some fireballs out sight after Coran scouted for us. The mage still lived but he didn't last very long. We were runnning a bit short on arrows, but fortunately lots of arrows from this enemy party.

We rest, and time for the big show down with Sarevok Ajantis buffs with protection from magic scroll, the archers and Bipp buff with protection from fire, the remaining fighters/archers use haste potion/strength potions, and just to be safe cast protection from lightning on Bipp.

Imoen fired a dispel magic and a chaos, the first time ever getting to cast this spell against Sarevok in any battle. A little anti-climatic however, despite -4 to their saves Sarevok and his buddies all saved. So then Imoen threw a web, stinking cloud, and some fireballs from her wand. This pulled Sarevok and Semaj. Semaj went down very fast, looks like a round:
Posted Image

No sign of Angelo or Tazok so they probably still stuck in Imoen's web/stinking cloud. Sarevok approaches, and the party unloads on him. He went down extremely fast, I am sure in no small part to the buffed archers:
Posted Image

So Bipp will move on to Baldur's Gate II. Here are his party's final character sheets. It's easy to see who was the original 4 party members as they are the ones with the 161k experience:

Ajantis character sheet:
Posted Image

Minsc Character Sheet:
Posted Image

Coran Character Sheet:
Posted Image

Kivan Character Sheet
Posted Image

Bipp Character Sheet
Posted Image

Imoen Character Sheet
Posted Image

My next post will be in the 25th no-reload challenge thread, since this is a Trilogy run.

Edited by corey_russell, 22 July 2010 - 05:23 AM.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Update of BlackStrider & Co
Exploring of Ice Dungeon, full of colleagues-mages  was quite interesting. From the very beginning. Killed two entrance winterwolfs Coran hiden took a position in a corner behind Andris & his fellows. Then Viconia summon some skellies, Jaheira used greenstone amulet and went to speak with Andris. After conversation the jig began - Jaheira's mind shield wored off and she immediately was confused by Andris. Coran fired some oils of burning then pummped Marcellus and Beyn with arrows. Click Here Click Here Meanwhile Andris fireballed my skellies and summoned his own buddies Click Here A moment later a winterwolf around a corner joined the fray and Andris after insuccessfull attempt to Dire Charm Coran started firering Lightning Bolts like a crazy maniac constantly teleporting around a room. Imoen joined battle and helped to deal with Andris' summons Click Here  Then she tried to dispell Andris' buffs but was badly wounded by his lightning bolt. Luckily she was well timed with casting her Minor Globe of Invulnerability Click Here or she surely be dead after his next lightning bolt (how many does he has them memorized I wonder...). At the moment his spellbook was emptied upon us, his defenses wored of and soon after he was dead Click Here Click Here Against other mages I used Coran hided with potions of firebreath behind them and Jaheira fired wand of flamestrike after conversations. Click Here Click Here
Well, I must admit that Ice Dungeon in no-reload brought me some new sensations :)
Now to the Durlag's Tower.

WizWom

WizWom
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Not doing this very fast at all, maybe an hour or two a day...

___

Exploring the Cloakwood, Vardinal does fight for Aldeth's life, and Minsc pays the ultimate sacrifice. They agreed to help the elf Coran against wyverns, and then headed back to get Minsc raised. They left Minsc and Dynaheir and headed back in to the spider-infested wood. Vardinal prbably did not notice he had built a party of theives. Back to the Cloakwood, more spiders, Branwen was felled by a phase spider. They finish by killing Centeol, then head back to the Freindly Arm Inn, delayed days by the death.

Imoen decided the path of thieves is not for her, and started at this point to follow the path of magery. The party did then rid the world of some shadow druids, and a wyvern breeder. Beset by a flying wyvern, Vardinal and company dispatch it with aplomb. The party then did steel itself for an attack upon the wyvern lair itself, expecting many of the huge beasts.

Incantatar

Incantatar
  • Members
  • 170 posts
I enter with Incantatar Posted Image
EasyTUTU, no mods, always core difficulty, added gem/scroll/ammo bag, solo.
* slings 
Spells: Blindness, Shield

Prologue
Did the errands in Candlekeep to have a few more gold pieces in my pocket. With the potion of speed it was rather quick.

Chapter 1
Took the stuff from Imoen and sent her back. Met two strange guys, whom i abstract some potions and scrolls.
Further i found a Ring of Protection and in FAI a Ring of Wizardry. I blinded Tarnesh who then got killed by a guard. Returned a lady's ring and took some potions from Jaheira and Khalid.
On the way south i killed an ogre and took his belts. In Beregost i calmed Marl and gave Firebead a book. [lvl 2 10hp] Also returned Zhurlong's boots and killed huge spiders. I bought Sling +1. In High Hedge i bought the wand of sleep and killed some monsters.On the way i survived a kobold ambush. I successfully helped an apprentice to convert to his true form again. [lvl 3, 12hp, Magic Missile]. After fetching the reward for killed spiders i entered Nashkel.

Edited by Incantatar, 27 July 2010 - 11:43 PM.

Incantatar

Incantatar
  • Members
  • 170 posts
(I had to restart because a Rigid Thinking hit me in the Basilisk area while i missed the caster with my MMMs. The start was practically the same only a bit less hp)

Chapter 2

I had a debate with Noober and Oublek, killed another assassin and a magic hating mage. Spellcasters are very dangerous but with finetuning (constantly un/pausing) it's possible to break every spell they are trying to cast.
I helped Prism, Samuel and a Dryad. I found very helpful wands of fire and summoning. Killed Vampire Wolves near the temple and Basilisks. Bought the Robe of the Archmagi.
[->lvl 7, (1) Magic Missile, Friends, ProtEvil, Shield (2) Invisibility, Mirror Image, Knock (3) MMM, Haste, HP:25]
I had a near death experience in the mines while walking hasted and mirror imaged over the bridge traps i lost 24hp *gulp* I never saw so much damage here. Mulahey was no match.

Incantatar

Incantatar
  • Members
  • 170 posts
 Chapter 3
I did the remaining Beregost quest and a few in the surounding areas. Bought the Dagger of Venom. Killed Tranzig and entered Sharpwood. After taking care of the bandit groups in the southern woods[lvl 8, +Stoneskin, 29hp] i fought the bandit camp without any hassle.  Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Incantatar, 27 July 2010 - 08:52 PM.

Incantatar

Incantatar
  • Members
  • 170 posts
Chapter 4
After the bandits i hunted Sirines and got the tome of constitution. [lvl 9 +Blur, Improved Invisibility, Remove Magic, hp 41] I defeated Doomsayer helped Brage and went to Cloakwood where i sided with Aldeth and killed some spiders, which gave me another near death experience. I forgot my (save) buffs went down and got held in a web. Unfortunately a round with a successful save didn't let me drink a potion of freedom. Lucky that i could drink it a few rounds later. Posted Image Posted Image

I defeated the group in front of the mines with a web scroll and the fireball wand. Inside summons, MMM and Haste did most. For Hareishan i used a Stinking Cloud scroll and fireballs.

Davaeorn couldn't target me under Improved Invisibility, so he fell under my summons and a couple MMs. The battle horrors were toast with Aganazar's Scorcher from the wand.

No more lvl ups from now on.

Incantatar

Incantatar
  • Members
  • 170 posts
Well the first time i tried Durlags Labyrinth with a solo mage. (I completed no-reload solos two times one conjurer, one mage/cleric). I had bad luck when i stepped in a lightning trap which hit me two times and killed me.:o There is absolutely no reliance on Mirror Images, which i had 6 or so together with saves vs spell 1 (and 30%MR). Next time only with 100% elemental resistance or MGoI.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Quite impressive, Incantar. More luck in next attempt :)

WizWom

WizWom
  • Members
  • 3 posts
In a pleasant change of pace, Vardinal and his company slew two adult and three baby wyverns in a matter of seconds. The use of fireballs from potion, wand and necklace burnt the beasts quickly. Then more fireballs made short work of the next bounty hunter, one Drasus. And then slogging down the levels of a mine and home, hewn by dwarves. We rescue the last of the dwarves who built the place, Yeslick. Davaeorn puts up defense spells, but the party hid while his missile protection ended, and then hit him fast and hard. Coran, though, was charmed by the wizard, and Jonathan held, but Davaeorn was unable to capitalize on these disablings.

The party then did destroy the mad cleric Bassilus, and claim the bounty on him, and the wyverns. they tried to save Mellicamp from life as a chicken, but, alas, the anti-checkenator spell failed. In a cave by the sea, Vardinal does recover an ancient tome providing constitution instruction. Safana joined the party for a moment, and livened up the conversations, before Vardinal decided she did not fit in well.

AwkwardSilence

AwkwardSilence
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Would I be able to do the solo run with the Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies mod installed?

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Why do you think, you can't? A lot of people did solo run with mages (i.e. non-weapon dependent classes).

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Entering the challenge with Stalker, a monk.
Posted Image

I've played BG1 multiple times, so the main aim is just to get him safely past Sarevok and into BG2 (that I have never completed).  Using Tutu in order to allow the monk character in BG1.

Irrbloss

Irrbloss
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Grond0 wrote...

Entering the challenge with Stalker, a monk.

Good luck!

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Thanks Irbloss - I know I need it.

The previous time I ran as a monk was solo, so thought this time to go with companions.  The intention was to recruit the practice characters from Candlekeep, but this apparently doesn't work using Tutu!  Thus went back to some old favourites - Jaheira (Khalid met an unfortunate accident - oh dearPosted Image), Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir and Branwen.  I've allowed Stalker to maximise HP on levelling up as I think martial monks should really be able to benefit from high constitution, but the others have to take their chances.  I've been concentrating on playing quickly rather than reducing risk to a minimum.  Thus for instance Stalker hasn't tried to acquire ring of free action yet.  This nearly resulted in a problem when he was a bit slow drawing some ghasts out of their home:
Posted Image
Fortunately the ghasts didn't all concentrate on him and the others managed to rescue him - though at the expense of Jaheira needing to be raised.  The other close call was when the party was ambushed by ogre magi when running home to rest.  Again taking the line of accepting some risk they stayed to fight rather than running and Imoen was caught in a rather amusing Aganazzar cross-fire
Posted Image
Dynaheir was also called on to sacrifice herself in finishing off the ogre magi, but both were safely raised.

By now Stalker is 6th level and I've completed all significant encounters in Beregost and points south (except Durlag's Tower).  This included meeting Drizzt; normally this encounter is fatal for him and I did actually surround him ready for the coup de grace, but then pangs of conscience stayed my hand (also his armour is less useful without a fighter/thief and his defender sword less useful for a monk!).  Next aim is to maximise my reputation and invest my loot to date in a bit of equipment.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
BlackStrider & Co finished Durlag's Tower.
On Upper levels Coran was close once (2 HP remains) when he fight basilisks as they again after few gase attacks rushed and began to bite him quite hard. On lower levels summons helped a lot as a meatshield. And all undead were very subtile to fire (wands of fire & heavens) First Four Dwarven Warders were surprisingly easy this time. One pack of Viconia's skeletons and few charges of monster summoning wand made a shield and party shoot warders from a distance. Love tried once to dominate BlackStrider but he magic-resisted.
Next level was easy as well (the only problem was to quench my greediness and all those charter voyages to the surface with precious loot).
Greater Wyverns from next level consumed a LOT of monster summoning wand charges. Apart from that not much issues. Chessboard fight began with volley of fireballs, necklace of missiles charges and potions of explosions. Not much survived but nevertheless Coran and Viconia were badly hurt by Rucks and most of the time gulped a potions of healing. Jaheira tanked as always, Imoen fired sculltraps and scorchers. Overall this battle was quite nervous...
Demonknight himself. Party was set all over of top balcony. Viconia summoned skeletons, Jaheira equiped both fire resistance rings and helm of defense (100% fire resistance). I didn't made any more buffs as Demonknight anyway will dispel them at the very beginning. So Jaheira *tanked* running all over the place and sling from time to time while Coran and Khalid used their best arrows. Demonknight fireballed my summons then dispelled our non-existant buffs. Then Khalid rushed to help his wife and got fireball, which cut off most of his 104HP. He retreat and tried to heal himself with potions, but how 9hp-in-a-round potion can help to restore 104hp in a midst of combat... Demonknight shooted one more fireball... and Khalid...that 104hp powerhouse... got chunked! Well... now I experienced a grim side of no-reload... :( Not that I'm very fond of Khalid (I'm even thought to dismiss him long ago) but... not in that way...
Coran avenged Khalid in a few seconds later, and not much remain to perform here. Party sold loot in Beregost, invited Kivan into the crew and now is on a road back to the Ulgoth Beard.

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 05 August 2010 - 02:54 PM.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
BlackStrider & Co arrived to Ulgoth Beard invisible (under Fairy Dragon Invisibility 10' radius spell) so they have opportunity to take a position and buff a little. Then Jaheira talked to cultist and start fight. Almost all enemies gathered around her so they where excelent targets for fireballs and the such:
Posted Image

After battle they reported to Hurgan and where informed that the Cult worships a demon, and some other stuff about his granda and Durgan. Then they destroyed Cult guards outside and inside the Cult building, Coran hide and descend into the basement. There he killed cultists, Imoen & Jaheira buffed and joined him. Tracea Carol summoned Aec'Letec and Imoen finished them both with a single Cloudkill:

Posted Image

Now it is time for a little sea travel.

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 05 August 2010 - 04:44 PM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Final report for Stalker - sigh. Finished off all areas outside the city except Ulgoth and Durlag and was working my way through the city. At the merchant league building attempted to just hit the doppelgangers over the head, but hadn't expected quite so many and lost control of the battle for a short time. Thought I'd recovered nicely with Jaheira leading the few remaining doppels away and all characters still active, but didn't notice one break off and blind-side me - and suddenly the game was up.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Bad luck, Grond0... :(

Meanwhile BlackStrider & Co finished Werewolf Island without issues. Wands of Paralization works wonderfull against Greater Werewolfs/Loup Garou and Wands of Heavens against all other animals:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So the same tactics was used upon return on mainland vs Selaad Gan:

Posted Image

Now back onto the Baldur's Gate City.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Entering the challenge with Hoodie, a monk.  Stats 18s except 17 Wisdom and 3 Charisma - roll was achieved surpisingly quickly and included a rare 3 natural 18s.  Same terms as for Stalker.

In initial session Hoodie has risen to L6 in exploring nearly all areas prior to bandit camp.  Acting more cautiously than Stalker and only fatality so far was early on when the party took on the Nashkel mines.  To save time I hadn't fully explored them and forgot how much more mobile the kobolds are in Tutu.  When a group of kobolds surprised Dynaheir (L1 mage) at the rear of the party it was no surprise that she went down quickly.

This time around decided not to spare Drizzt, who just stood there to take his medicine.
Posted Image
His armour will allow Minsc to show off his stealth, though I had forgotten that the defender scimitar needed someone of good alignment to use - I had intended this for Jaheira, who is normally on the front line.

I don't normally use the wand of summon monster much as it seems to make things too easy, but have brought it out a few times to help with potentially difficult battles such as with the amazons.
Posted Image
I also have the charisma cloak to call on if necessary.  Haven't needed that for a battle yet, but did use it to draw away Dushai in order to avoid others getting irate with me when I failed to pickpocket him.  As you can see he's not the easiest character to charm!
Posted Image
Also used the cloak for role-playing purposes to get Garrick to help me out against his former mistress.  Not surprisingly he failed to get in an attack before she went down hard.
Posted Image
Final act of the session was being invited to the bandit camp in recognition of my bloodthirsty nature.  Attempted to kill Tazok, but failed.  He had taken about 80 hits and I thought a magic missile might well finish him off, but he disappeared with the missiles centimetres from his skin!
Posted Image

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
BlackStrider & Co Final Update

Party returned to BG City and were told that they are wanted for murder of Iron Throne leaders. They headed to Flaming Fist HQ, saved Duke Eltan, killed Cythandria and then Slythe with Krystin in Undercellar:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

With their invitations to Sarevok Coronation party headed to Ducal Palace.
Viconia summoned some skeletons for protection of the Dukes. Immy hasted all and when skirmish began hit with Emotion while BlackStrider malisoned enemies and Jaheira fired Wand of sleep. That works (only two Dopplegangers weren't affected) so from now that was a slaughter:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Thieves' Maze was straightforward: invisible Immy scouted, Jaheira performed mundane tasks.
In the Hidden City we were confronted by Rahvin of the Iron Throne. Fireresisting Jaheira tanked while Kivan fired arrows of detonation, BlackStrider helped a little with fireballs:

Posted Image

Final battle. Party buffed with all those pretty potions. Immy hit with Dispell and then SkullTrap. Sarevok advanced and
was intercepted with summons:

Posted Image

Semai and Angelo were hit with arrows of dispelling and then acid arrows:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When Tazok fell Kivan hit 7 level click here but at the moment Sarevok was close and soon it was all over:

Posted Image

Well...what to say: that was entertaining, some new experience and feeling.
BlackStrider will continue in SoA soon.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Final update for Hoodie.  Breezed through the Cloakwood and the mines.  Only concern was when Hareishan attacked earlier on his level than expected, but his lightning bolt failed to kill anyone.
Posted Image
On to the city.  This time I was taking no chances with the doppelgangers in the Merchant League!
Posted Image
Having cleaned out the city took a busmans holiday back in Candlekeep.  Immediate problem in the catacombs when Imoen detected a trap further along the corridor and I assumed this meant that there was no trap nearer.  The lightning storm resulting killed 2 characters (Hoodie was protected, but not others).  Had to dump loads of equipment, but the others struggled on.  Hoodie tried to make use of further traps by triggering them against spiders.
Posted Image
With the party back to full strength had no problems at the palace and it was time to chase Sarevok into the catacombs.  Knowing Imoen's fallibility she was protected against lightning and fire.  I had a smug feeling as lightning bolts failed to touch her, only to get a sinking feeling as her protection ran out at just the wrong time!  This one killed her and had to trudge all the way back up to find a temple.
Posted Image
Finally got to the last battle.  I had been playing too long and was making mistakes, but decided to chance it.  Was surpised again when Sarevok's party attacked before I'd done any preparation - monsters are much more active generally in Tutu than I'm used to with the vanilla game.  Angelo did the most damage and Hoodie had to go off and hide, while the others succumbed.  After proper preparation he used his monk stealth skills to sneak up on the bad guys and took them out pretty easily.
 Posted Image
Not exactly a blemishless run, but managed to get through without anyone being chunked.  Now on to BG2.